Even 4 or 5 years ago, one could probably get away with running a successful small business without being online. To be sure, a company without a web presence was certainly missing out on potential customers, but it was at least possible to argue that print advertising or a local radio ad was more effective.
Today, that’s just not the case – regardless of your sector or target market people are searching for you online. The boom in mobile web usage has created incredibly opportunities for all business, with sites now providing directories and ranking services for businesses in just about every imaginable niche. Having even a simple website allows you to take advantage of new opportunities, but conversely not having a web presence at all can be a major blow to your advertising efforts. Clients will seek you out online, take control of what they find!
Why you need a website
- Unlike you, your website can work at selling your business 24/7 – a well-designed website will essentially become an online shop-window, accessible to customers all over the world – the better it looks and more and up-to-date it is, the better impression it will make on consumers.
- Whether it’s three o’clock in the morning or A bank holiday your website never needs to close – by opting for an online shop or online booking system you can continue to actually do business when your physical location is closed and you’re asleep.If you are locally based, having a web presence will open your business up to new markets outside your local area, giving people from across the world the chance to browse your products or services. – this is especially relevant if you sell digital products, but can also help to draw in business from the next town over!
- A well-designed website will make your business appear more professional. A well-considered website can fool customers into thinking your business is larger than it is and can help to level the playing-field between your business and its more established competitors. Alternatively, you can do the opposite – making your business appear more like a family enterprise, particularly useful for chains or franchisees.
- A properly designed website will be accessible and easy to use on both traditional computers and mobile devices – We design all our sites to work on all devices, so clients can look you up on the run.
- Having a professional website allows you to list on directories and with search engines such as google, which will allow potential customers to find your business in real time, when using assistants like Cortana or Siri.
- If you’re starting a business on a shoestring, the costs of putting together a website will be cheaper than buying or renting premises, paying for print advertising or shelling out for a radio ad. Volant can put together a professional and simple site for just £500, which, combined with proper listing on the right directories can yield far more customers than the local paper!
- Feedback is often a difficult thing to attain and more often than not, feedback on your business will be limited to the negative. Having a website allows you to establish a conversation with your customers – both by addressing negative points but also by soliciting positive comments – many of your customers will leave positive reviews if provided with an opportunity to do so!
- Today many potential clients, particularly the younger generations will expect your business to have a website – sadly many great companies get overlooked for lack of a web presence.