Policy key definitions:
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business, Volant Ltd.
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
We do not believe in collecting excessive amounts of your private data – we spend a great deal of time advising clients not to give this information away and we never ask for more than we absolutely need. We do not participate in any form of direct marketing, nor do we ever sell or share your private information, unless you explicitly ask us to, or we’re required to do so by law enforcement.
We do not provide a contact form on our website – instead we encourage you to contact us via email, specifically, we would recommend
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data when you use our website:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address etc. – only when you contact us.)
- Your IP address (When you access our page)
- Anonymous usage statistics
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- View our website
- Contact us using the email address provided on the website.
You indirectly provide us with data by accessing our page – your IP address will be logged and your session will be used to generate anonymous performance data.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
- Ensure our website functions well, and take action relating to security threats.
- Respond to questions or enquiries
For how long do we store your data?
Our Company will keep your data as outlined below:
- IP address logs – retained for up to one year
- Fully anonymised usage statistics – retained indefinitely
- Personal information arising from email contact:
- In the event that you opt to become a client, your information will be processed in line with our master privacy and data retention policy.
- In the event that you do not become a client, we will delete your information immediately.
- In the event that we are unable to reach you via the details you provide us, or that you do not respond to our reply, we will delete your data 30 days after your first contact.
We do not participate in direct marketing and will not send you information about offers etc. unless you become a customer and explicitly opt in. By contacting us through our website you are not committing to future marketing, nor will you receive such communication.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions. Please note that any information transfer will require you to sign a release. As an alternative, we can provide the data directly to you, and you may forward the data on yourself.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via the email listed on the contact us page.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Some Privacy Advice
We use protonmail to provide secure and encrypted email communication. We recommend contacting us from a protonmail account (create one for free here: https://protonmail.com/) to facilitate end to end encrypted email.